Let's speak English.

Practice makes perfect. Let's talk in English!

Let's speak English.

Postautor: AB1983 » 30 mar 2003, 20:31

I'm new at the forum and what I noticed is that very few people write in English here.Why don't we try using English?Practice makes the master.
Bye

---
notka od admina:
po angielsku od dawna rozmawiamy tutaj:
http://www.angielski.edu.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13655
AB1983

Re: Let's speak English.

Postautor: Grzegorz_21 » 31 mar 2003, 4:28

I agree with you. Here is not only a few ppl who write in English but a few who write at all :) So if you wanna conversate here more often i would be very thankful. Anyway what you wanna talk about?
Grzegorz_21
junior fellow

Postautor: AB1983 » 31 mar 2003, 22:11

Sure I'd like to talk.About anything.You may suggest a topic.As for me,I like sports,foreign languages.And how do you want to talk,on the forum or via e-mail?
AB1983

Postautor: Grzegorz_21 » 01 kwie 2003, 0:55

To convarsate with someone , at least in my opinion, we supoused to know ours name, shouldn't we? Hmm I guess my name is clear 'cuz is same as my screename, so how do they call you AB1983?
Grzegorz_21
junior fellow

Postautor: dybowska » 02 kwie 2003, 15:24

Hi!I'm also interested in talking in English.My name is Karolina.I hope that more people want to talk...
dybowska

Postautor: epmkk » 02 kwie 2003, 18:19

Can i join to us?? I sugest talking about everything what is interestig for you. In my opinion people are afraid of speaking in English, so we can change it. Mike
epmkk

Postautor: AB1983 » 03 kwie 2003, 22:11

I agree.My name is Artur.So,let's talk.Anyone willing to chat may join in.What are you interested in?As for me,martial arts is my cup of tea.
Bye now
AB1983

Postautor: epmkk » 05 kwie 2003, 13:15

My name is Mike. I'am studying Tourism so its obvious that i am interested in travelling and geography. I realy dont know what i should write here. What are u do in your spare time?? Are studying or doing something else?? How old are u?? I suppose the number near your nickname is your date of birthaday. I was born in 1983 too so propably we are the same age.
epmkk

Postautor: krupski » 05 kwie 2003, 17:58

I am very happy becose of this forum. I've been looking for sth like that for a long time...
So.. Lets talk!!! May I introduce the topic? Have you seen the film "Pulp fiction"? Do you think this film is about sth or it is not. Maybe there are just some episods, which are not connected one to each other? By the way did you found this film is interesting?
krupski

Postautor: AB1983 » 05 kwie 2003, 23:03

Yep,I was born in 1983.I'm studying English.In my free time I practise karate,listen to music and watch films.Unfortunately I haven't seen Pulp Fiction so far so I can't say anything about it.
AB1983

Postautor: ebenezar » 05 kwie 2003, 23:19

Hi. Angielski nie angielski, ale takiej drętwicy ludzie nie moż…na uprawiać w ż…adnym języku w mordę jeż…a, kurde blaszka...YO!
ebenezar

Postautor: *TrInItY* » 06 kwie 2003, 20:27

so maybe i could be your english teacher? i know that it's not about finding mistakes, but... all in all we learn on them ;) and actually that's my future job: english teacher... thanks and see you next time! sylwia
*TrInItY*

Postautor: Grzegorz_21 » 07 kwie 2003, 3:12

Guys who wanna be an english teacher, this job sux. I remember my teacher from H/S she did not teach me anything and everybody hated her. If you want to be a teacher at some english course that's different story. Have you ever think how much you are going to earn at public school? Gosh. Anyway wish you luck with your goals.
Grzegorz_21
junior fellow

Postautor: kasian » 09 kwie 2003, 11:04

Hey, Grzegorz, come on...
Sometimes you just have no choice... On the other hand they teach us that teaching can be a really interesting and satisfying job (and you start believing it... unfortunately...)
After a few years of work at state school you just have enough... - imagine a class of over 30 people where only 3 or 4 are interested in learning a language and the rest do everything to show you that you're not the boss..
kasian

Postautor: Visitor » 10 kwie 2003, 22:12

When I was in high school, we had small groups of 14 students. How can you manage with 30 people? Is it possible?
Visitor

Postautor: kasian » 11 kwie 2003, 8:25

Impossible - but sometimes - there's no other way... However my previous post was based on other people's experience, not mine - not yet at least (:
kasian

Postautor: Grzegorz_21 » 23 kwie 2003, 23:59

Let's speak English? OK but how can I speak if everyone is silent as the grave???
Grzegorz_21
junior fellow

Postautor: dybowska » 24 kwie 2003, 13:56

Hi !How did you spend your Easter? I suppose that all of you were eating almost the time:-)
dybowska

Postautor: pundit » 24 kwie 2003, 17:33

Just a side remark - the topic should sound 'let's speak in English'. The reason is that 'to speak a language' means to possess a general ability in it (like "władać językiem", "znać język" in Polish). When you mean speaking/writing in a particular language at a particular moment (like "pisać po angielsku" in Polish) you should add this tricky 'in'. 8-)
Awatar użytkownika
pundit
Site Admin | Redakcja angielski.edu.pl

Postautor: aniabasia » 24 kwie 2003, 21:24

Hi everone! My number of gadu gadu is: 1477597. If you want to talk in Ennglish I'm waiting.... (I'm so sorry. My grammar isn't very well. So If you find anny mistake in my text - please, tell me). Ania Basia
aniabasia

Postautor: nr » 14 maja 2004, 11:12

who want to speek with me?
nr

Postautor: nr » 14 maja 2004, 11:15

on thirsday i was passing matural exam? what do you do?
nr

Postautor: Gość » 27 maja 2008, 20:36

Hello I'm new here. I'd like to talk in english and join with you
Gość

Postautor: Gość » 27 maja 2008, 20:39

hi! Is anybody outthere?? I,m new and want to join to you and talk in english
Gość

Aa

Postautor: Daga aaa » 29 maja 2008, 19:21

So we can have a conversation via e-mail, szokolada@vp.pl
Daga aaa

Postautor: kasuilka » 03 cze 2008, 9:50

Hi my name is Kasia. I'm 22 yaers old. I would like to join ;) ;)
kasuilka

Postautor: ankas88 » 04 cze 2008, 17:51

Hi everyone! Can I join to you? I'm really interesting in learning english and I wanna practice it. Maybe I try to do it here!
ankas88

Postautor: Gość » 07 cze 2008, 11:27

I thought I will meet here sb, who want to speak English... Waht's up with the conwersation????
Gość

speaking CAE

Postautor: malka65 » 10 cze 2008, 20:43

Hi. Is anybody here who wants to speak in English by Skype in order to prepare better for my speaking exam next week (simmilar to CAE)?
malka65

kurzce, nie umiem się obsługiwać forum...

Postautor: co jest z ty postem? » 16 cze 2008, 22:33

yeach, me too. we'd better speak more in English here. it's a bit dull, but still there's chance to change it ;]
co jest z ty postem?

Postautor: Gość » 28 cze 2008, 9:41

AB1983 pisze:Yep,I was born in 1983.I'm studying English.In my free time I practise karate,listen to music and watch films.Unfortunately I haven't seen Pulp Fiction so far so I can't say anything about it.
Gość

Postautor: Illika » 29 cze 2008, 18:35

Yep... There's quite quiet :P
Illika

Postautor: Gość » 01 paź 2008, 15:38

I was born in 1996 :hahaha: but i attend to an english scool so i know how to speak english too.
Gość

let's speak english

Postautor: Malgorzta » 03 paź 2008, 8:15

Hello,
If you want to have some real conversation in English I would like to invite you to participate in free conversation class. They take place in virtual class at Speaknet school of English. They are absolutely free, all you have to do is register, choose level, topic, day and time. If you are not sure about your level you can test yourself. Please visit us at www.speaknet.pl
Best regards G.
Malgorzta

Postautor: Gość » 21 paź 2008, 23:01

Hi there:)

forgive me interupting, but i think that this is the most refreshed topic- and i'm would like to obtain my target:P

I'm 23. Study dentistry (last year) and i would like to find somebody to exchange mails in english. I'm a big fan of books ( vonnegut, pretchett) and music (mostly everything:). Obviously- i adore medicine, science, dentistry- whole my life turning around this things.

if you want to know more about me- kobietaidealna@go2.pl
( do not be prejudiced by name of mailbox- this is the oldest one:)
I have to add that i'm attending tu cae curse ( to be honest- i've just started in this year:).

well, i'm waiting for You- my future penfriend:)
Gość

Postautor: Wawrzyniecki » 18 gru 2008, 11:28

Grzegorz, 28, Ireland. Neat idea! The main problem of all non-native English speakers like us is a total lack of a practical language teaching. For example, first time I came to Eire my questions were rather funny using everything I learned before like: 'cuisine' instead of just 'food', 'excellent' instead of 'grand' and my personal favorite: 'Good morning' instead of just 'morning'. English teachers , just do not slice me julienne please, I know that grammar is very important but wouldn't it be nice to teach some day-to-day vocabulary sometimes? Something like 'I know it sounds strange but I really love a mutton tallow baked with a bread crumbs'
Best regs for everybody here, again great idea, keep you all writing and I'll hop here time to time just to sketch few words.
BTW. I am an electronic engineer, 3rd year of PhD here.
Wawrzyniecki

let's do it!

Postautor: rudolfina » 06 sty 2009, 19:35

hiya! what do you think is the best way to open the door (you don't need a key) when you have your both hands occupied with two dozens of silver balls of diameter 3 cm each and you can't let them fall? Any ideas? My favourite way to do this is by using your tongue to press down on the door handle. But what if the door are in front of your house and you want to go inside moreover there is freezing out there like right know in Wroclaw so there is high risk for your tongue being freezed to the metal door handle (think: pain!)??? What then?!
rudolfina

Postautor: zzdrowa » 15 sty 2009, 21:50

Wawrzyniecki,
You are absolutely right! I had the same kind of feeling when i first came to UK. Things look a bit different than we may expect. Language seems to be less formal and many people speak in a slang rather than perfect grammar manner. By the way, there is no such a thing like proper language - everyone makes mistakes even natives cant spell. There are also lots of different accents you need to pick - my favourite Scottish... Generally its a long way to go:) and unfortunately Polish schools teach us rubbish. Even swearing is a challenge, when you have to learn from scratch and there are not many swear dictionaries available...
zzdrowa

Postautor: Gość » 24 sty 2009, 23:06

hello! I agree with you! I want to practice my English just by talking, writing.. so maybe we can try? :) my mail ponichterka@gmail.com or my gg 11361427. I'm lookin forward to hearing for you or other people:)
Gość

Postautor: Gość » 01 lut 2009, 2:05

Ok guys, sounds nice. But why don't we try to talk in here? I'm of the opinion that discussion forum is a perfect venue to get some practice. As for me it's really vital to work on my spelling cause I'm rubbish at it. What are your thoughts? By the way, My name is Łukasz, I'm 23 and I'm in the last year of my studies. It's really great to meet you people.
Gość

Postautor: greenpoint » 04 lut 2009, 12:47

It's my first day on this forum, I have winter holidays right now so I'm a bit bored and really missing my studies. So the opportunity of writing in English sounds perfect for me right now. My name is Marysia, I'm 21 and I'm on second year. What about you?
greenpoint

Postautor: emim » 05 mar 2009, 15:33

Hi everybody,
My name is Magda.I think that is a great idea to learn english through discussion with you.Sorry for my mistakes,but I just started to learn this language.I used to be in England and Norwegian and there I have met some english and straight away I fall in love in that language.I really want to improve myself.I am waiting for someone who wants to talk to me.
emim

Postautor: Gość » 06 sty 2010, 7:57

I completely agree that we should practice in English in order to master it. I would recommend to use Online Essay Services to learn how to write essay.
Gość

Postautor: muska » 18 sie 2010, 4:16

OK, good idea, but it would be good if sb checked our posts. My english is intermediate and I don't even know if I write correctly. So, I think we can talk but sb (who knows english very well) have to check our writing. That's my opinion.
muska

Postautor: Lunka03 » 25 sie 2010, 3:50

Hi,
My name's Kamila:) I'm 17 xD How you spend your holiday,vacation?
Lunka03

Postautor: Gość » 31 sie 2010, 3:49

Hmm... and my name is Kamil xD I was after a job during my holidays and finally found it :) So, I have to say that I haven't vacations this year :( Maybe nest year:)
Gość

Postautor: Lidasek » 02 wrz 2010, 3:07

Hi there! I'm Lidia and I'm 17:) I think it's an awesome idea to talk only in English here. We can improve the knowledge of this language this way ;P
Muska is right, we need sb to check our conversations. Is there anyone who speak English correctly? ;)
Lidasek

Postautor: monimmi » 02 wrz 2010, 4:38

Lidasek pisze:Hi there! I'm Lidia and I'm 17:) I think it's an awesome idea to talk only in English here. We can improve the knowledge of this language this way ;P
Muska is right, we need sb to check our conversations. Is there anyone who speak English correctly? ;)

Since you asked: :)

I would recommend saying "We can improve OUR knowledge of English this way", or "we can improve the knowledge we have of English this way". Saying "improve THE knowledge" in your sentence sounds like you want to improve the collective (everyone's) knowledge, as in the discipline of English.

Is there anyone who speaks... etc

Good job otherwise!
monimmi
junior fellow