blame a guilt

Krótkie teksty bądź pojedyncze zdania, które nie są zadaniem domowym.

Re: blame a guilt

Postautor: Visitor » 25 gru 2005, 12:57

Hej, moż…e ktoś wie jaka jest róznica w uż…yciu słowa guilt a blame??
Wydaje mi się, ż…e oba znaczą "wina, obwiniać", ale nie moge znaleźć róż…nicy w zastosowaniu.
Dzięki z góry za dopowiedzi.
Visitor

Postautor: Visitor » 26 gru 2005, 17:41

guilt |gilt| |g?lt| |g?lt|
noun
the fact of having committed a specified or implied offense or crime : it is the duty of the prosecution to prove the prisoner's guilt.
? a feeling of having done wrong or failed in an obligation : he remembered with sudden guilt the letter from his mother that he had not yet read.
verb [ trans. ] informal
make (someone) feel guilty, especially in order to induce them to do something : Celeste had been guilted into going by her parents.
PHRASES
guilt by association guilt ascribed to someone not because of any evidence but because of their association with an offender.
ORIGIN Old English gylt, of unknown origin.

blame |bl?m| |ble?m| |ble?m|
verb [ trans. ]
assign responsibility for a fault or wrong : the inquiry blamed the engineer for the accident.
? ( blame something on) assign the responsibility for something bad to (someone or something) : they blame youth crime on unemployment.
noun
responsibility for a fault or wrong : his players had to take the blame | they are trying to put the blame on us.
? the action of assigning responsibility for a fault : he singled out food additives for blame.
PHRASES
be to blame be responsible for a fault or wrong : he was to blame for their deaths.
I don't (or can't) blame you (or her, etc.) used to indicate that one agrees that the action or attitude taken was reasonable : he was becoming impatient, and I couldn't blame him.
have only oneself to blame be solely responsible for something bad that has happened.
DERIVATIVES
blamable (also blameable) adjective
blameful |-f?l| |?ble?mf?l| adjective
ORIGIN Middle English : from Old French blamer, blasmer (verb), from a popular Latin variant of ecclesiastical Latin blasphemare ?reproach, revile, blaspheme,? from Greek blasph?mein (see blaspheme ).
Visitor

Postautor: Visitor » 27 gru 2005, 12:28

jak sama zauważ…yłaś/eś

guilt - wina - rzeczownik
blamre- obwiniać - czasownik

więc raczej już… widać tę róż…nicę w zastosowaniu

The guilt lies with the parents who taught the child to steal.
I don't blame you for being so angry.
Visitor