BanG BanG said CaCtus JaCk - Resurrection

Practice makes perfect. Let's talk in English!

BanG BanG said CaCtus JaCk - Resurrection

Postautor: xeo » 28 gru 2007, 20:06

13 stycznia 2005 r. Free-Fly-ona założ…yła tutaj wątek "Bang Bang said Cactus Jack", w którym każ…dy mógł poćwiczyć pisanie po angielsku na każ…dy temat, wątek bardzo szybko stał się popularny, dołączyły nowe osoby i tak Cactus stał się najdłuż…szym anglojęzycznym wątkiem na forum. Niestety z przyczyn od nas niezależ…nych (ataki botów itp. :ban:), posty cactusowiczów zaczęły losowo "znikać":?, na domiar złego pewnego dnia wyparował gdzieś cały wątek i tak cała zabawa się skończyła :(

Link na końcu jest tym co udało się nam odzyskać z tamtego wątku, niestety jest on "podziurawiony" przez boty i urwany, niemniej jednak mamy nadzieję, ż…e to co z niego zostało po raz kolejny dostarczy Wam niezapomnianych wraż…eń językowych i zaczniemy go wszyscy tworzyć od nowa tutaj.

http://www.angielski.edu.pl/forum/bang_ ... s_jack.htm :spoko:

Join in the fun!
xeo
Site Admin | Redakcja angielski.edu.pl

Re: BanG BanG said CaCtus JaCk - Resurrection

Postautor: Gość » 08 sty 2008, 13:11

ok, I'll be the first one to chip in, again ;) Xeo, my man, that's a great idea- I was even thinking about it for some time. Surely we can bring Cactus to life, yet I guess we need a strong and reliable group to do that, one like we've had thus far :) So, FF's waiting for the rest of the old crew to check in and some newbies too, pls stand by for report!

'twas I...Free-Fly

Ps. Can anything be done with my login-thing? It's been changed in circumstances which are still for me to fathom. Really, no idea whatsoever!
Ps. Geeez, I can't make out the so-to-say font to be inserted in that box- too blurred if I can file a complaint ;)
Gość

Postautor: FreeFly » 08 sty 2008, 13:13

Do we always have to put our logins in uż…ytkownik-box when replying (even tho we've already logged in)? ;/
FreeFly

Postautor: FreeFly » 08 sty 2008, 13:15

hey! I'm not gość here!! I want my old login baaaack ;(
FreeFly

Postautor: xeo » 08 sty 2008, 15:28

Your account is OK, just log in! :)
xeo

Postautor: Free-Fly-ona » 08 sty 2008, 20:46

testing, testing....
Free-Fly-ona

Postautor: Free-Fly-ona » 08 sty 2008, 20:49

Ok, I admit, I can log in. However, all is lost from my REAL account!! Sh.... hate computers and computer-stuff <crossed>

Cheerio!!
Free-Fly-ona

Postautor: xeo » 10 sty 2008, 19:50

Are you (by any chance) in touch with Grumpik, Jacek and the others? I sent e-mails to them the other day but nobody has answered yet.
xeo

Postautor: Free-Fly-ona » 12 sty 2008, 11:33

With Grumpy-girl, yes. Jacek- sadly no (still alive and kicking?). I've sent a message to G and Pilar but still haven't received any feedback.
Free-Fly-ona

Postautor: Grumpy » 19 sty 2008, 21:25

Hey hey!

Xeo, thanks for your message. It was rude of me not to reply! I do apologise though. I did not realise that our Cactus was gradually disappearing and I am still amazed at 'ataki botow' as I do not know who they are! :? (I like the new smileys! hey!)

I really enjoyed making that thread with you and I am surprised that there are no volunteers to follow :bezradny: .

FF, it seemed to me that Xeo banned you after mistakenly taking you for a 'bot' :)!

Those who want to learn, play and help at the same time go to http://www.freerice.com.

xx
Grumpy
junior fellow

Postautor: xeo » 19 sty 2008, 22:28

xeo

Postautor: Grumpy » 21 sty 2008, 17:45

Heeey Xeo,

Thanks for doing that. I feel much more educated now! I think it’s time to invent good bots which will be posting only nice messages and correcting mistakes from time to time!

I have been in … England. You have to excuse me not writing, but I (although it might sound strange to such great English language enthusiasts like you and, bless her heart, FF) feel very weary of English and I just enjoy remaining in silence!

What’s new with you? Any new pestering users on the forum?

I hope you are all well xx
Grumpy
junior fellow

Postautor: xeo » 16 lut 2008, 18:08

Hi there,

This forum doesn't really have any nagging users coz we do away with them before they can say Jack Robinson. I reckon it's been a while since you went to England, what do you do there ? I hope whatever it is, you enjoy it.
xeo

Postautor: HowsAnnie » 03 kwie 2008, 17:25

hmmm... I think it's a good idea to create such chit chat forum/topic, but don't you think it's a bit of ... dying? maybe Free-Fly-ona will find a way to "heal" it;) but where is she :?
do sth! It'll would be great if such a forum would exist again.
I'm looking forward to it;)
Always look on the bright side of life!;]
btw. I'm FEmale:]
Awatar użytkownika
HowsAnnie
junior fellow

Postautor: HowsAnnie » 03 kwie 2008, 17:28

ok, so maybe I'll ask you about sth/ Do you think that one week in London is better than a year at language school?
this is what I was offered- a trip/camp to England(I would be living in English family)
but I have to choose - a camp/trip or a language school
I have to add that I'll be taking my FCE exam next year:)
Awatar użytkownika
HowsAnnie
junior fellow

Postautor: xeo » 03 kwie 2008, 17:36

Do you think that one week in London is better than a year at language school?

Of course, it's not. One year of no-matter-how-intensive learning is immeasurably better.
xeo

Postautor: HowsAnnie » 04 kwie 2008, 15:13

ufff... so I've made good choice:)
Awatar użytkownika
HowsAnnie
junior fellow

Postautor: HowsAnnie » 04 kwie 2008, 15:24

but some people I know say that TWO weeks in the UK or in the USA are better than one year in language school. they say that you learn how to really use it, train your speaking skills and so on and so on. :?
Awatar użytkownika
HowsAnnie
junior fellow

Postautor: xeo » 08 kwie 2008, 19:08

Wish those people good luck and let them live in the land of make-believe where the sun always shines and the sky is always blue. If they are better than you after just two weeks, I will shave my head and go to work naked :co_jest:
xeo

Postautor: Grumpy » 11 kwie 2008, 22:09

Xeo, I live in such a land. Please present a photo of you standing naked in the class-room.

As regards your previous post, grumpy as I am I like to nitpick from time to time but all in all I do enjoy it.

On the serious side my vote goes to a language school.

HA, is that you so pretty in that picture? I think someone might be in love soon...:P

Cheerio.

OMG, a spell-check!! Thank you!!!!
Grumpy
junior fellow

Postautor: HowsAnnie » 27 kwie 2008, 11:09

I wish I were so pretty;]

it's an actress:P I think you may know her. She's veery famous. She's from Geat Britain.
Look at the photo and guess who it is.
Awatar użytkownika
HowsAnnie
junior fellow

Postautor: Free-Fly-ona » 04 maja 2008, 18:01

Hello everyone!
Hope you are enjoying this Sunday afternoon before it's over because tomorrow's Monday :ban:
I came to a conclusion that I dearly miss Cactus as it used to be and thought I'd give it a go one more time. So I hope you all are ready, willing and able, to do it one more time.
Sorry I haven't written anything for such a long time.

MY CAR NEEDED WASHING AGAIN.
I WENT TO THE CAR WASH AND I HAD TO HAVE THEM REWASH THE CAR 3 TIMES...THEY KEPT MISSING SPOTS...
SO IF YOU DON'T HEAR FROM ME FOR A WEEK OR SO..

YOU'LL KNOW WHERE I AM.

http://www.4shared.com/file/46393873/f70a9041/untitled.html?signout=1

off to the carwash again ;)
'twas I...free-fly
Free-Fly-ona

Suspected redirection (spam?)

Postautor: Piedino » 30 cze 2008, 19:18

It's funny but when I click on the NextPage (or the PreviousPage) link on this website I'm redirected to a list of language schools and I cannot read all of your posts...
Piedino

Now I can

Postautor: Piedino » 30 cze 2008, 19:27

After being redirected from post a reply form.
So what is this Cactus all about? Is anybody there? Hello?
Piedino

Postautor: xeo » 01 lip 2008, 19:53

We are all ears, Piedino.
xeo

:)

Postautor: Piedino » 02 lip 2008, 9:18

Nice to hear that. Can you tell me what is the main purpose of this newsgroup apart from talking English? Or does it emerge during conversations? Thanks for your kind response.
Piedino

Postautor: xeo » 02 lip 2008, 12:33

Cactus is all about fun. As far as I remember we were going to beat some record (the longest thread in the universe?) - so far, so (not) good. The only rule was (and still is) writing in English. There is a link at the very beginning of this thread (first post) showing good old Cactus in its prime. Wade through the text and you will grasp everything.
xeo

Postautor: Piedino » 03 lip 2008, 13:13

It really is a long thread. I didn't read all of it, but it seems nice :)

I am new here, so I think I should introduce myself. My name is Maciej, I'm 26, married but without children (though we have 3 cats whom we call our kids ;)).

I studied italian philology so you may call me a linguist but instead of reading papers on the science of language I always prefered comic books.

Apart from that, I also study physics from time to time. I loved it once, but got a little bit confused by the mathematical part of it.

I always believe though that it (physics) underlies all that is going on around us as well as inside us, inside our brains and so on.

What do you think of it?
Piedino

Postautor: leah:):):) » 20 sie 2008, 11:57

hello guys, i'm new here and i've never talked in english via the Internet and i really regret it.How long have you known each other? i'd love to write with you, but i don't mean to cramp your style :P
However take care and please, give me your reply :)
Leah
leah:):):)

Postautor: Free-Fly-ona » 26 paź 2008, 19:25

hiya,

Xeo- are you there?

FF
Free-Fly-ona

Postautor: xeo » 26 paź 2008, 19:41

Look who's calling me :uscisk:
xeo

Postautor: Free-Fly-ona » 27 paź 2008, 15:40

lol, it's me :) you've become friendlier, haha! howz it goin?
Free-Fly-ona

Postautor: vlord » 29 maja 2022, 22:20

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricatorjuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru
vlord
The One Whose Name Cannot Be Spoken