I can't find approprite word for following phares:

3.word begining with "r" for "spoke with great emotion"
4.word begining with "c" for "convinced by flattery"
5.word begining with "m" for "spoke quietly and indistincly"
6.word begining with "d" for "talk in a monotonous low voice"
7.word begining with "q" for "argued over petty things"
8.word begining with "v" for "morally excellent"
9.word begining with "f" for "lacking seriousness"

Where should I look for one word for phrase, in what knd of dictionary?
thx for any help
Bemol

Re: Which word?

Postautor: Gość » 30 paź 2009, 22:19

Hi.

I've got only 4 answers:

5 muttered
6 drones
7 quibbled
8 virtuous

Academic writing, huh? ;] If you have got more, please let me know
Gość

Postautor: Gość » 30 paź 2009, 22:24

And can you tell me what have you got here:

I was (b) for my ill-mannered behaviour. (scolded)
Gość

Postautor: Vitalina Zh » 06 lis 2009, 23:41

I was berated for my ill-mannered behaviour
Vitalina Zh

Postautor: oiuoiu » 02 lis 2010, 5:16

His attitude towards teachers was (d) disdainful . (contemptuous)
He yelled and (r) ranted about the dangers of drinking Coca-Cola. (spoke with great emotion)
He admitted he had been (c) cajoled into signing the papers. (convinced by flattery)
Her paintings were all imbued with (w) flair. (capricious)
whimsical
After two hours of lecturing, he (r) requested more water. (asked for)
He (m) muttered something in reply, but she couldn't understand him. (spoke quietly and indistinctly)
She (w) wailed over the loss of her favourite teddy bear. (lamented)
How long are you going to (b) brag about your new car? (boasted)
He (d) drones about his newly-bought equipment. (talk in a monotonous low voice)
They (q) quibbled over everything throughout their short marriage. (argued over petty things)
The prosecutor (a) assented to the defendant's suggestion. (agreed)
I was (b) berated for my ill-mannered behaviour. (scolded)
He excelled at being equally (v) virtuous and malicious. (morally excellent)
The (a) atrocity of his crimes astounded everyone in the court room. (the quality of being shockingly cruel)
His (e) excessive drinking resulted in numerous fines and marriage failure. (unrestrained)
The (f) flippant behaviour of her pupils often made her feel ill at ease. (lacking seriousness)
She was quite (i) incredulous while I was telling her my story. (unbelieving)
oiuoiu

Postautor: vlord » 12 cze 2022, 2:51

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
инфоjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting
vlord
The One Whose Name Cannot Be Spoken