Wymowa neither ?

Pytania i wątpliwości nt. wymowy angielskiej, akcentów, fonetyki itp.

Re: Wymowa neither ?

Postautor: peterpoland » 23 lis 2006, 16:06

Spotykam sie tezke z rozna wymowa slowa neither ?
Raz przez A raz przez I? Czy obie formy sa dopuszczalne i powszechnie znane?
peterpoland

Postautor: morganx » 23 lis 2006, 16:17

Obie wymowy są poprawne i dopuszczalne.
morganx
junior fellow

Postautor: Gość » 17 lut 2008, 21:56

Ta "przez i" jest chyba bardziej popularna, ale ta z a jest brytyjska.
Gość

Postautor: Age » 24 kwie 2008, 20:17

Anglicy sami wymawiaja to na dwa sposoby, ale najczesciej sie spotykam z neither do I (przez i) ale neither of them (przez a)

Hope it makes sense ;p

Postautor: majkull » 13 lis 2008, 19:18

jeż…eli chodzi o standard brytyjski, wymowa przez /I/ tudzież… /i:/ lub /i/ jest NIEDOPUSZCZALNA! standard to /aI/
majkull

Postautor: arturolczykowski » 14 lis 2008, 13:23

arturolczykowski
junior fellow

:]

Postautor: majkull » 14 lis 2008, 20:23

nie BBC jest wyznacznikiem standardu wymowy. standard to teoria, wg. której /I/ jest niedopuszczalne. jeśli myślisz ż…e w BBC wszyscy ładnie i dobrze mówią, to nie wiem. dopuszczalne a uż…ywane to pojęcia róż…ne. standard uż…ywany jest przez niewielką ilość mieszkańców UK. ż…e obie formy są stosowane to wynika z tego iż… UK stało się krajem wielu narodowości. /I/ jest wymową amerykańską ( o dziwo starszą) - bo to właśnie ta odmiana zachowała najwięcej cech historycznie "zagubionych" przez brytyjską. proszę bardzo moż…na uż…ywać /I/ w końcu każ…dy mówi jak chce. w każ…dym razie /aI/ jest typowa, standardowa i poprawna.

monopolu na rację nie masz. chcesz się kłócić, proszę bardzo. nie po to studiowałem fil. angielską, ż…eby mi ktoś brak wiedzy z tego zakresu zarzucał.
majkull

Postautor: arturolczykowski » 15 lis 2008, 9:57

Jesli juz mowisz o standardzie, to chyba uczyles sie, ze wyrazenie to odnosi sie do , gramatyki, pisowni i slownictwa, wymowa natomist jako standard - choc dyskusyjny to temat - to recived pronunciation ;-) Niektorzy czasami odnosza sie do received pronunciation jako standard English, ale nie mylmy pojec....

Chyba, ze uzyles tego wyrazenia tylko w tym wezszym znaczeniu. O Received Pronunciation jako standardzie wymowy troche pozniej jak zjem pancakes....
arturolczykowski
junior fellow

Postautor: arturolczykowski » 15 lis 2008, 10:19

Poza kwestia oczywiscie samego received pronunciation jest fakt, ze w samej received pronunciation istnieja czasami dwie uznawane formy wymowy tego samego wyrazu - i mowie tu tylko o wymowie brytyjskiej - wez sobie dla przykladu jakikolwiek slownik oxfordzki i bedziesz mial podane tam obie formy jako alternatywy. Co do BBC, to do tej pory byl to synonim received pronunciation tak jak i Queen's English, to sie co prawda zmienilo ostatnio i BBC dopuszcza akcenty regionalne, ale w wiadomosciach szczegolnie na jedynce nadal staraja sie trzymac ten stary kierunek.....
arturolczykowski
junior fellow

Postautor: arturolczykowski » 15 lis 2008, 11:27

Warto poczytac naukowe opracowania na ten temat. Oto jedno z nich autorstwa doctor Bente Rebecca Hannisdal. Cale opracowanie znajdziesz tutaj:

https://bora.uib.no/bitstream/1956/2335 ... nisdal.pdf

3.2 The concept of ‘standard’
People who talk about standardising English, and especially those who accuse the
B.B.C. of aiming at a dead level of uniformity in the speech of their Announcers,
should think twice before they speak. … There will never be a standard “ae” or a
standard “t” or a standard “s” or a standard English.
A. Lloyd James (Broadcast English II, 1930)
This section discusses the concept of linguistic standard in relation to RP. It presents an
outline of various definitions of the term standard as used in the field of linguistics and with
reference to English in particular. ‘Standard’ is often linked to evaluative notions such as
correctness and prestige, but more formal definitions focus on invariance of form as the most
important characteristic of standard varieties. In light of the various criteria for defining a
standard, I will discuss to what extent there exists a spoken standard in Britain and whether
RP is such a standard.

3.2.3 Summary
The term standard, as we have seen, is used in two main senses: ‘uniformity’ and ‘level of
excellence’. The former refers to internal structure and is a purely linguistic criterion. The
latter is a social, speaker-based and evaluative category. A standard variety can refer to a
concrete linguistic variety characterised by a high degree of uniformity in structure, which has
undergone codification, and which normally enjoys high prestige. Alternatively, a standard
variety is seen as a fictional notion in the minds of speakers, a “social myth constructed for
ideological purposes” (Bex and Watts 1999b: 9). In the written mode, standard refers to the
fixity of spelling and grammar. With reference to the spoken mode, standard language is, in
the words of Smith (1996: 65) “an extremely complex and notoriously loaded term”.
It is problematic to talk of standard spoken English if by that we mean a set of highly
codified rules of pronunciation and a fixed, uniform mode of speech. Such a thing does not
exist. There exists, however, a partly standardised and codified accent, namely RP, which
serves as a reference accent in the phonological literature, and as a model for teaching English
pronunciation to foreigners. Although RP is partly standardised, it is not to be equated with
Standard English, which is a matter of spelling and grammar. To the extent that standard is
used synonymously with ‘overtly prestigious’, RP can arguably be characterised as a standard
variety. However, such an evaluative definition assumes that all the members of the speech
community agree in the social evaluation of speech forms, which is not necessarily the case.
The term standard further carries with it evaluative notions of correctness which are
reminiscent of the old days of linguistic hegemony, and should therefore be used with caution.
It is important to keep in mind, however, that while there may be no standard in linguistic
terms, ideologies of a standard can persist, and largely do in the case of RP.
Crystal (2003: 431) combines several of the elements discussed above in his definition
of standard as “a prestige variety of language used within a speech community, providing a
unified means of communication and thus an institutionalised norm”. Crystal links standard
with the concept of ‘norm’, a term which is highly relevant in an analysis of RP, and which
will be discussed in detail in section 3.3.
arturolczykowski
junior fellow

Postautor: arturolczykowski » 15 lis 2008, 12:09

>monopolu na rację nie masz. chcesz się kłócić, proszę bardzo. nie po to studiowałem fil. angielską, ż…eby mi ktoś brak wiedzy z tego zakresu zarzucał.

Ja sie nie kloce, zreszta nie da rady dyskutowac z osoba, ktora skonczyla studia i ktora wie wszystko w temacie jezyka angielskiego... ;-)
arturolczykowski
junior fellow

Postautor: majkull » 15 lis 2008, 12:34

nie muszę czytać ż…adnych opracowań. to co miałem to już… przeczytałem. dla Twojej wiadomości RP róż…ni się od wymowy standardowej. i nie wiem kto tu myli pojęcia. RP= 2% populacji, cała reszta róż…ne odmiany, a standard to jest to czego się uczą ludzie z zagranicy (zwykle).

We may look at this from different angles: historical linguistics, dialectology, etc. What seems to be the problem is that I am more for prescriptivism and you seem to be in favour of descriptivism.

What is true is the fact that whatever the pronunciation is, both options will be understandable for native speakers. And here is the difference between descriptivism and prescreptivism. For me it is not enough to be understood, I recquire official and correct pronunciation.
majkull

Postautor: arturolczykowski » 15 lis 2008, 13:11

How do you define "official pronunciation" and where is the body entitled to do so?
arturolczykowski
junior fellow

Postautor: arturolczykowski » 15 lis 2008, 13:14

If by "official pronunciation" you mean dictionaries I already told you that they give two different pronunciation of "neither"....
arturolczykowski
junior fellow

Postautor: arturolczykowski » 15 lis 2008, 15:15

>nie muszę czytać ż…adnych opracowań. to co miałem to już… przeczytałem.

Wiedza daje pokorę wielkiemu, dziwi przeciętnego, nadyma małego. - Emmanuel Kant

Władysław Grzeszczyk — Nie to, co już… wiemy, lecz to, co chcemy wiedzieć - świadczy o naszej mądrości.

Isaac Newton - Co my wiemy, to tylko kropelka. Czego nie wiemy, to cały ocean.

:-)
arturolczykowski
junior fellow

Postautor: majkull » 15 lis 2008, 18:42

not all of them give two different versions. maybe it is not clear. but in all of them there is this /aI/ option! so it implies that it is the most correct one.
majkull

Postautor: arturolczykowski » 15 lis 2008, 19:06

It also might mean that it is just most popular or prevailing one...
arturolczykowski
junior fellow

Postautor: nitpicker » 17 lis 2008, 21:51

I require official and correct pronunciation.[

Any pronunciation is an official and correct one.

Majkull, fess up to this. You HAVE lost this battle.
nitpicker

Postautor: Elena Ad » 20 lis 2008, 20:04

Don't argue ! neither /'naie(r), 'nie-. Both are ok but I prefer ai- more british for my ear. For Briton - no difference, my dear experts
Elena Ad

CYLdRyPDZQXJa

Postautor: Adiee » 04 lut 2014, 16:14

If someone is biehnd in their mortgage payments and about to be foreclosed, it is highly likely that the current mortgage is more than the home is worth. Working with the owner to bring the mortgage current, then investing more money to upgrade is not likely to overcome the upside down mortgage. In other words, no profit to be made.It sounds like you need to do a lot more research before you jump into flipping houses research other than those TV shows on flipping homes.References : BD Was this answer helpful?
Adiee

Postautor: fillip33k » 21 lis 2016, 11:26

No ja tak samo, no ale wkoncu się nauczyłem.
fillip33k

Postautor: Mogiel90 » 22 lis 2016, 16:59

Powinno się wypowiadać w taki sposób jak : yj (ei) - czyli dobrze będzie przez i
Mogiel90

Postautor: Tomyjon » 28 lis 2016, 15:10

peterpoland pisze:Spotykam sie tezke z rozna wymowa slowa neither ?
Raz przez A raz przez I? Czy obie formy sa dopuszczalne i powszechnie znane?

Według mnie to właśnie powinno być coś pomiędzy i/a ;)
Tomyjon

Postautor: szali89 » 03 lut 2017, 15:41

mnie uczono, że to zależy od akcentu, bodajże po amerykańsku mówiło się "nider" a po brytyjsku "najder"...

------------------

skad-numer.pl
szukam-numer.pl
Awatar użytkownika
szali89

Postautor: Tomeq87z » 05 lut 2017, 11:23

Na pewno prawidłowa będzie wymowa z "i".
Tomeq87z

Postautor: artmuz4211 » 26 kwie 2018, 6:20

Niestety, nie mogę ci pomóc! Nie wiem o tym wiele. Wybacz mi! ((

moe gotta know
artmuz4211

Postautor: dungmourice » 07 sie 2018, 12:15

I think that you need to check out this blog article for some info on how to write an awesome looking essay. Your next home assignments would be a piece of cake.
dungmourice

Postautor: KevinNash » 09 kwie 2021, 8:16

Wymowa tego słowa jest niezwykle trudna. Tak to niestety jest!!!
junior fellow