1. I had to floss my cat.
2. I wanted to spend more time with my blender.
3. The President said he might drop in.
4. The man on television told me to stay tuned.
5. I was scheduled for a karma transplant.
6. I worked on my cottage cheese sculpture.
7. It was my parakeet's bowling night.
8. I'm building a pig from a kit.
9. There was a disturbance in the Force.
10. I'm doing door-to-door collecting for static cling.
11. I had to go to the post office to see if I'm still wanted.
12. I was teaching my ferret to yodel.
13. I had to check the freshness dates on my dairy products.
14. I'm going through cherry cheesecake withdrawal.
15. I went downtown to try on gloves.
16. My crayons all melted together.
17. I'm trying to see how long I can go without saying yes.
18. I'm in training to be a household pest.
19. I was attending the opening of my garage door.
20. I went down to the bakery to watch the buns rise.
22. I came down with a really horrible case of something or other.
23. I had some real hard words to look up in the dictionary.
24. My subconscious said no.
25. I left my body in my other clothes.
26. I had changed the lock on my door and now I couldn't get in.
27. I was making a home movie called "The Thing That Grew in My Refrigerator."
28. My yucca plant was feeling yucky.
29. I never do anything on days that end in "Y."
30. I'm too old/young for that stuff.
31. I had to wash/condition/perm/curl/tease/torment my hair.
32. There are important world issues that need worrying about.
33. I'm trying to be less popular.
34. I had to study for a blood test.
35. I'm going to be old someday.
36. I'm observing National Apathy Week.
37. I had to rotate my crops.
38. My uncle escaped again.
39. I went to the Missing Persons Bureau to see if anyone is looking for me.
40. My palm reader advised against it.
41. I prefer to remain an enigma.